PPS District Announcements
Considerations when closing school
Considerations regarding snow days:
1. School must be in session for 175 days per year with a minimum 1098 hours of instruction during those days.
2. Seventy-five percent of enrolled students must attend school on any given day for it to be counted as a valid school day. That means if more than 25% of our students are absent, the day does not count and must be “done over.” This eliminates bussing on main roads only.
3. Schools are allowed six (6) snow days per year before needing to make up a day.
4. Late starts or early dismissals count against #1 above.
5. All decisions to close school are made by the local superintendent who considers factors relating to student safety - limited visibility, unsafe driving conditions, snow, ice, fog, and extreme cold.
6. A minus 20 wind chill factor is the decision point in the case of extreme cold. This is particularly important when considering the safety of very young children.
7. We also consider the ability of school buildings to function (heat, water or power problems), road conditions for staff, students and parents, and the ability of busses to safely transport students. Slippery roads may make it unsafe for kids to wait by the roadside for their school bus.
Photography Class in need of cameras
Perry High School is offering a Photography Class this semester. It is our goal to loan each student in the class a camera. Please donate your used digital cameras with a recharging unit. A memory card would be a great bonus. Camera donations can be dropped off at the high school office.
2014-2015 School Calendar
2014-2015 Bus Routes
Update on Athletics
As of June 16, the Perry School Board of Education has eliminated the pay to participate fee for Athletics for Perry School District sponsored athletics.This impacts high school athletics and school sponsored middle school athletics. We encourage students interested in participating is athletics to join, please contact our athletic director or appropriate coach with further inquiries! GO RAMBLERS!
The mission of the Perry Public Schools,
a community center dedicated to educational excellence,
is to prepare our students for life in the 21st Century
by assuring them
the most effective teaching and learning environment.